Travel With Confidence
It’s undeniable that Covid-19 has had a massive impact on the travel industry. However, with several lights now flickering at the end of the tunnel, we can act in confidence that the end of the crisis is in sight, with a renewed belief that international travel will resume in the not-too-distant future.
We couldn’t be happier about this, and can’t wait to get back to designing incredible holidays for all of our wonderful clients! We understand that when considering future travel, booking with confidence and the safety net of increased flexibility will be of utmost importance to you. And we want to give you the reassurance that any holiday you book with us moving forward, will be covered by the flexibility to cope with any eventuality Coronavirus throws up over the coming months and years.
We’d also like to reassure you that throughout this crisis, we have always maintained the high standards you would expect of a specialist Tour Operator. And of course, we will continue to do so moving forward. We’ve always been at the end of the phone for those whose bookings have been impacted; we’ve refunded everyone who was entitled to a refund and wanted one – although very happily, the vast majority of our clients have chosen to postpone their holidays so they have something special to look forward to once the crisis is over.
We are in constant communication with our suppliers overseas, and are consistently reviewing our working operations. This is essential to keep you (and us) safe, and to ensure that we’re in a position to give you the best, most up-to-date information you need when deciding on your next holiday.
In need of a holiday as soon as possible?
We’re optimistic that travel to some of our destinations will be possible soon, but we also know the road to a full recovery will not be straight and smooth. In saying this, if the following applies, we’re very happy to design you a holiday departing this year.
- You’re happy to be flexible about your itinerary
- You’re prepared to postpone if your holiday cannot go ahead as planned
If you’d prefer to book with more certainty that your holiday will go ahead exactly as planned, then we’d suggest booking a trip to depart next year, by which point we feel the situation will be much more stable, with substantial progress made with vaccinations and testing.
Every holiday we design comes with full financial protection, either through the ATOL scheme or our Financial Failure Insurance cover. For full information on the ways your money is protected when you book a holiday with us, read our full financial protection policy here.
If you have any questions not covered below, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. The HA team is ready and waiting to answer any questions you may have, Coronavirus related or otherwise.
Our Flexibility Promise
We appreciate that Coronavirus has led all of us to value flexibility and simplicity more than ever before, which is as true of booking holidays as anything else. So we’ve made some changes to our Booking Terms & Conditions.
This Flexibility Promise is valid for any booking confirmed (through payment of a deposit) after 23rd April 2021 and prior to 30th September 2021.
The key changes we’ve made are:
- At any point up until two weeks prior to departure you can postpone your trip, change to a new destination, or cancel the trip and receive a credit note to the full value of all monies paid.*
- If, at two weeks prior to the departure of your trip, we are unable to operate your trip (for example if your destination being on the UK government “red” list), then you have the option of postponing your trip, changing to a new destination, or having a full refund of all monies paid.*
* Where you postpone a trip, change to an alternative destination, or cancel and take a credit note, we will have to pass on any non-recoverable costs (adding them to the cost of the new arrangements, or deducting them from the value of the credit note). When we give you a quote for your holiday, we will indicate the total non-recoverable costs at the point of booking.
* Where there is a difference in the cost of the new arrangements and your original holiday, this will be passed on (whether an increase or decrease in cost).
* We regret that holidays to the Galapagos Islands and certain Canadian holidays do not qualify for this Flexibility Promise. This is due to the deposit and refund rules instigated by the suppliers themselves. However, we will always do our best to mitigate any change/cancellation fees and your HA specialist will be happy to talk you through the details of your specific holiday.
Adapting To Stay Safe
Across the 31 destinations we offer holidays to, each has been impacted differently by Coronavirus and is dealing with the gradual return to normality in their own way.
We are working very closely with our representatives in each country to ensure they are taking all of the necessary steps to ensure your safety as best as possible.
Precautions being taken vary from country to country and include but are not limited to:
• Chauffeur-guides being screened for Coronavirus on arrival at the airport, prior to pick-up.
• All vehicles to be fully disinfected each morning and evening.
• Hand-sanitizer made available in all vehicles and from all guides for use throughout each day.
• Tours may be rerouted to avoid crowded places where social distancing might be difficult.
For a more detailed example here’s a look at what’s being done by our trusted partners in South East Asia, to deliver a safer travel experience. Similar practices are being undertaken by our on-the-ground partners globally.
As the situation is still changing worldwide by the day, we are ensuring we stay up to date with government guidelines and FCDO advice, which can be found here. If you have any questions regarding travel to a particular destination, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01242 253 073.
Handling The Crisis
Throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, the HA team was on hand working harder than ever to ensure all our clients returned safely to the UK. In what has been the most trying time the travel industry has ever seen, we never let our standards slip. Our phones were never turned off, and the support of our travel specialists remained available 24/7. Where clients had future trips booked, we offered refunds where necessary or postponed trips to a later date if our clients preferred.
All this was achieved whilst receiving some of the best client feedback we have ever had. But don’t just take our word for it, here’s just some of the feedback received on our handling of the Coronavirus pandemic…
We would highly recommend Holiday Architects from their administrative and crisis management capabilities and will write a review on our return from Morocco next year! – Ian Greenwood (Morocco)
Given these challenging times and potential travel restrictions, Holiday Architects have gone that extra mile (again) and provided practical solutions and alternative options for the booking to Cape Town that we had made. – Jim Hughes (South Africa)
Absolutely brilliant experience. Kim keeps in touch in a very quick manner and phones to assist and reassure us. Given the current situation, she has helped us to make a decision in regards to our holiday. The response to our request to postpone was met very positively and Kim has supported us 100% with information to help with decision making. – Tina (California)