HOLIDAY ARCHITECTS AND YOU
Holiday Architects is one of the fastest-growing, most ambitious, and most progressive specialist tour operators in the UK. We’re based in landmark offices in beautiful Cheltenham, and we’ve built our success on really listening to and understanding our clients, and then using our expert destination knowledge to put together the perfect, tailor-made holiday for them.
If you’re good enough to get a job here, then we believe we can trust you to perform the job to the best of your ability and deliver the required performance. Because we trust you to do this, we offer uncapped leave, flexible working hours, and the ability to work part of your time from home (typically one day a week).
We need a bright and enthusiastic individual to join our Marketing team, predominantly in a content led capacity, whilst supporting marketing and product business functions. Tasked with developing our growing content programme, this role is suitable for an ambitious marketer skilled in writing good, engaging and knowledgeable copy, with an understanding of the modern methods of content marketing and wider marketing mix. If the thought of taking travel experiences and turning them into well crafted pieces of content excites you, then this role is for you!
You’ll be working as part of a remarkable team, who support and mentor each other, and take collective responsibility for the company culture. It’s a fun, social team as well, with lunches, sports events, evenings out, and regular office parties. You’ll have a direct say in how the company operates, as well as the chance to get involved in areas of the business away from the Marketing function; this could be anything from helping to drive eco-friendly travel initiatives, to controlling the office refurbishment budget.
THE JOB AND YOU
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Digital Content Writing: Proven experience and examples of writing for blogs, websites, newsletters and similar.
- Offline Content Writing: Equivalent proficiency in writing engaging content for print marketing collateral.
- Email Marketing: Working knowledge of a market leading email software platform, email marketing and newsletter creation.
- Social Media Marketing: Proficiency in creating social posts for business and using social media scheduling software.
- SEO: Knowledge of how to write technically for SEO, along with a wider understanding of SEO.
- Digital PR: Ability to seek out and engage with online influencers and publications.
- CMS Management: You’ll have worked with a CMS such as WordPress and understand how to add content and product to websites.
- The Marketing Mix: Knowledge of the wider marketing mix and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Ideas and enthusiasm: We are looking for someone to being new ideas and experiences to the table, ready to take on projects and really own them.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2+ years in a content marketing function or equivalent (blog writer etc.)
- High and demonstrable level of written English and grammar
- High level of accuracy, and a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter for business use
- Knowledge of email publication software such as Mailchimp
- Basic design skills (Photoshop or similar) preferable
- Marketing qualification preferable
- Previous travel experience helpful (interest in travel essential)
Salary range: £20,000 – £26,000 dependent on experience. Gym membership and pension included (more generous than the statutory minimum requirement).
REASONS TO BELIEVE
We make a lot of claims about our growth, the quality of our service, and the work environment here. The sort of candidate we’re looking for will probably want us to back these claims up! So here goes: we’re the readers of Wanderlust magazine’s Top Tour Operator for 2018/19, and very proud of our 95% Excellent rating on Trustpilot. We were runners-up in the “High Growth Business” category of the SME National Business Awards 2018, and winners in the Gloucestershire Business Awards 2018 “Best Place To Work” category.
GET IN TOUCH
If you can see yourself here at Holiday Architects, then please send a CV and covering email (detailing the Marketing & Content Executive position in the subject line) to: [email protected]
Or complete the form below submitting your CV and cover note.
You can download the full version of the job spec here.